Laser tattoo removal is the safest method for removing unwanted ink. However, great results are obtained through proper aftercare. Evanesce Laser Tattoo Removal promises to use the most advanced laser technology and safest protocols to treat your tattoo. In return, we ask that you take extra care of your skin outside of our clinic. Proper aftercare fights against unwanted infection and is the key to achieving clear, beautiful skin. All patients will receive a detailed aftercare instruction sheet to take home after their treatment. Below are a few aftercare tips to keep in mind and prepare for.
- Great results start with cleanliness. Keep the treated area clean and dry by washing gently with soap and water then patting to dry. Rubbing the area can cause irritation, so make sure to pat when drying!
- Do not be alarmed if your skin forms any blisters or scabs. These side effects are very common and are signs that your skin is reacting well to the treatment. Allow blisters to pop naturally and scabs to flake naturally. Do NOT forcefully pop or pick any blisters or scabs prematurely. This can cause infection and unwanted risks, like scarring. Once these side effects heal naturally, apply an antibiotic ointment to the area and cover with a sterile bandage.
- Beware of the sun. Excessive sun exposure can cause skin discoloration so wear appropriate clothing or cover the treatment site with a sterile bandage. Once the skin has completely healed, take appropriate measures of protection by applying a sunblock of 25 SPF or higher.
- If you experience any itchiness, apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment or aloe vera to the treatment site.
- Tylenol may be taken for inflammation or discomfort, however, aspirin should be avoided as it can cause bleeding and/or bruising.
- Drink plenty of water and exercise regularly. Successful tattoo removal relies heavily on your immune system. Staying hydrated and fit can help boost your immune system and speed up tattoo fading.
- If you experience any adverse or serious side effects, call our office immediately.